Author Topic: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10  (Read 30844 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10
« Reply #130 on: 10 October 2008, 15:27 »
if i was a carjacker i would just bang the driver on the head, most of them are pretty clued up on this sort of locking system so wouldnt go for the passenger side anyway, locking as you drive away is a must of course

Sound like an expert there!  :shocked:  :wink:

In all serious, this is one of the main reasons why I have Tracker on both, and have a Cat 5 one on the RS, so even if they had the keys, the tracker would still be activated immediately.  Sadly, though, the convenience module on Audis is different from Dubs, in that if you set it to autolock, then it will always auto unlock too!  So that is disabled on the RS.  :rolleyes:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #131 on: 10 October 2008, 15:41 »
if i was that worried I would get a anti hijack kit, let them take it then call for back up and wait for the engine to cut out  :evil:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #132 on: 10 October 2008, 19:32 »
Shaun, Stage two now loaded  :evil:

I agree it seems smoother (only a limited drive in rush hour) If I didn't know any better (I don't! ) I'd say the torque spread was wider...........

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 10 October 2008, 19:35 »

I agree it seems smoother (only a limited drive in rush hour) If I didn't know any better (I don't! ) I'd say the torque spread was wider...........

yeh, did you get it free ?, its took a bit of getting used to as i think you can confuse sudden burts of power as powerfull (like old map did), this just seems to have constant steady boost all over the range, still more testing to go but im happy

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #134 on: 10 October 2008, 20:03 »

yeh, did you get it free ?, its took a bit of getting used to as i think you can confuse sudden burts of power as powerfull (like old map did), this just seems to have constant steady boost all over the range, still more testing to go but im happy

Yeh was free. I know what you mean, the first time I tried to boot it I thought it had reverted back to standard, but as you say it needs getting used to! Wheelspinning in third in the dry whilst doing about 40!!  :evil:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #135 on: 10 October 2008, 20:36 »
Wheelspinning in third in the dry whilst doing about 40!!  :evil:

....Is that the type of map you like?
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 10 October 2008, 20:47 »

Being the only map I've ever had I'd have to say yes Robin. The TC picks it up ok but there's a definate power hike over the first map.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #137 on: 10 October 2008, 20:51 »

haha, there is a thing called throttle control  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #138 on: 10 October 2008, 20:53 »

Being the only map I've ever had I'd have to say yes Robin. The TC picks it up ok but there's a definate power hike over the first map.

....It's just that I prefer to get the power down with a minimum of wheelspin, especially in the higher gears.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #139 on: 10 October 2008, 20:55 »
As Shaun said, I can easily get over 36mpg so I know how to use the throttle as and when required  :wink: