Author Topic: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10  (Read 30837 times)

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
Re: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10
« Reply #100 on: 08 October 2008, 12:17 »
mine has no mods. Either, so you should be ok

ok, thats reassuring, thanks blue  :smiley:
well you may have an OK map, always worth checking to see though, they say i have been given the latest map, its not clear to me if this is different to the one i just over wrote though as they have not told me, car feels better though  :evil:

can't halm to check, I got mine when it was first released so may have tweaked it a bit now...? Mine has always felt much quicker than stock so I must have an ok map, but who knows!?
I'm a bit confused though (apologies for being a thicko!), are you (blue) running the stage 2 that gtijames mentions above, or just an 'updated' version of the current map?
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 08 October 2008, 12:27 »
well, i am running a normal map (not stage 2) for a manual car (you need to tell them if its DSG etc), basically i emailed them saying about the issue with telboys car and wondered if mine was correct, the morning after i got e text saying there was a new map for me to download, no explanation, i emailed them and just got a reply saying the new map is the correct map for my car, i still dont know if i have been running a different map to the one i have just applied.

My car also felt fine like you, and pulled well and ran perfectly before this new map, perhaps its in my head, perhaps its the fact the car has reset itself by applying the map or perhaps its an updated map, whichever it is the car feels better and i at least know that i am working and all is ok.

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 08 October 2008, 12:35 »
coolio, thanks for explaining  :nerd:
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 08 October 2008, 12:40 »
No problems, hope you get sorted

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 08 October 2008, 13:49 »
after asking what my bluefin serial number was and if I had any other mods, I got this back:

Hello Russell

Thanks for the email

Can confirm your map is best suited for your vehicle

Please do not hesitate to contact us if have any further queries

Regards

Constantin

No more power for me then  :sad:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #105 on: 08 October 2008, 13:54 »
hmm, you told them you had an edition 30 i guess ?, possibly its a cock up from about 6 months ago (when i bought mine) and didnt affect earlier cars

after asking what my bluefin serial number was and if I had any other mods, I got this back:

Hello Russell

Thanks for the email

Can confirm your map is best suited for your vehicle

Please do not hesitate to contact us if have any further queries

Regards

Constantin

No more power for me then  :sad:

**edit** when i emailed them constantin did say "Revised map ready for download"
« Last Edit: 08 October 2008, 14:05 by 182_blue »

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #106 on: 08 October 2008, 14:06 »
Yeah told them it was Edition 30.  Maybe as you say it only affects some of the newer ones, strange that, u'd have thought they would have it bob on by now.  If anything I'd expect any problems to be with the first released. Who knows!   :undecided:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #107 on: 08 October 2008, 14:14 »
Yeah told them it was Edition 30.  Maybe as you say it only affects some of the newer ones, strange that, u'd have thought they would have it bob on by now.  If anything I'd expect any problems to be with the first released. Who knows!   :undecided:

yeh me too, but if someone did something with the file 6 months back, or had a new member of staff etc etc i guess it could be that , who knows  :huh:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #108 on: 08 October 2008, 15:16 »
I hope not TC, anyhow they were running at lower power before so if any its got more chance now  :tongue:

Just because it was a lower power output - that doesn't mean anything.  What if another error was included in the map - such as overfueling.  You would then get bore wash, and then accelerated wear on the engine internals.

However, we will probably never know - and without whishing to drag up any more bad karma, I would just like to add that I am pleased you SC/BF customers now pleased with the map, that you should have probably got from the outset.  And that if there is anything to come out of this, then maybe my apparent "bad mouthing" and general ranting has actually bought the issue to light, and is now corrected.  Maybe if I had kept it zipped, you may still be running on your older maps.  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 08 October 2008, 15:31 »
telboys trip to superchip after the rolling road started the ball rolling I think