Author Topic: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10  (Read 30841 times)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
Re: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10
« Reply #90 on: 07 October 2008, 20:10 »
WOW , not sure what Superchips has sent me but its even quicker than before  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:, and smoother too if im not mistaken

I still find all this a bit shocking Shaun. I like you would have no real reason to RR the car apart from a good day out  :rolleyes: but if Telboy had not been on the rolling road day then none of this would have come to light, as like you said you would not go on a Rolling road so may have never found out  :shocked:
Glad to see your car is living up to its potential.  :wink:

PS just an after thought can running this dodgy file for a while have caused any long term damage to peep's cars anyone   :undecided:

Offline john_o

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 07 October 2008, 20:38 »
guys , as soon as one person finds a corrupt or 'wrong type' file , then 'surprisingly' others have the same 'wrong file' the alarm bell has sounded and Im off down the street ........

we trust the tuners to provide a safe/reliable and correct file , we cannot mostly confirm whats in that file (boost levels,ign timings/fuel/EGR etc) , we trust they have R&D to death and supplied a certified map correct for purpose.

Once this trust is lost (or experience shows that its not a 'one off' ) , the bets are off , and I would be concerned about WTF is in the file.

I wish you all well , and Im glad your cars are running well, but for me SC is (and to be fair already was) off my list as a remap.
I look forward to the RR days , but that Im sure will solve very little as we cant log all the variables that may be out of spec , on these days ultimate hp is king.

anyone fancy running some VAG-COM logs for a SC ED30?
Black 3dr Edition 30 manual
DEFi boost gauge | ECS Dogbone | WLineAntiLiftKit

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #92 on: 07 October 2008, 20:38 »
I hope not TC, anyhow they were running at lower power before so if any its got more chance now  :tongue:

Huge improvement  :evil: ditto what tellboy, cocopops and blue have said, put it on after I got home from work, you dont have to take it back to stock by the way just load on to handset and rewrites the old one and when you plug in just loads up stage 2  :nerd:

but awesome only been out for 20 min drive but oh my wheel spin, torque steer with esp off is dangerous now, I need some time to get used to the extra power!

thanks tellboy for investigating

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 07 October 2008, 20:56 »
WOW , not sure what Superchips has sent me but its even quicker than before  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:, and smoother too if im not mistaken

I still find all this a bit shocking Shaun. I like you would have no real reason to RR the car apart from a good day out  :rolleyes: but if Telboy had not been on the rolling road day then none of this would have come to light, as like you said you would not go on a Rolling road so may have never found out  :shocked:
Glad to see your car is living up to its potential.  :wink:

PS just an after thought can running this dodgy file for a while have caused any long term damage to peep's cars anyone   :undecided:

theres no shock for me though, car felt fine before and went very well, just seems to go a bit better now, then again could be in my head, either way it seems to be all ok as it did before, do remember i dont know what they sent me, it could just be the same file i have, i have nothing to prove the file has changed at all other than the feel
« Last Edit: 07 October 2008, 20:58 by 182_blue »

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 08 October 2008, 11:14 »
I hope not TC, anyhow they were running at lower power before so if any its got more chance now  :tongue:

Huge improvement  :evil: ditto what tellboy, cocopops and blue have said, put it on after I got home from work, you dont have to take it back to stock by the way just load on to handset and rewrites the old one and when you plug in just loads up stage 2  :nerd:

but awesome only been out for 20 min drive but oh my wheel spin, torque steer with esp off is dangerous now, I need some time to get used to the extra power!

just picked up on this thread - how much are SC charging for the upgrade, and do you have to have an upgraded exhaust system? Cheers  :smiley:
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 08 October 2008, 11:18 »

just picked up on this thread - how much are SC charging for the upgrade, and do you have to have an upgraded exhaust system? Cheers  :smiley:

It was free for me and everyone else i think, by the sounds they have even upgraded the level 2 free of charge also, might be worth a punt for other owners as im sure it was a chargable job before

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 08 October 2008, 11:29 »

It was free for me and everyone else i think, by the sounds they have even upgraded the level 2 free of charge also, might be worth a punt for other owners as im sure it was a chargable job before

cool  :cool:, I've just emailed them to ask, I haven't got a modified exhaust (or anything else for that matter!), will this matter?
I had the bluefin on mine for over 14months now, about time I had some more power!  :evil:
« Last Edit: 08 October 2008, 11:32 by Russ.C »
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 08 October 2008, 11:50 »
mine has no mods. Either, so you should be ok

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 08 October 2008, 12:01 »

ok, thats reassuring, thanks blue  :smiley:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 08 October 2008, 12:07 »

ok, thats reassuring, thanks blue  :smiley:
well you may have an OK map, always worth checking to see though, they say i have been given the latest map, its not clear to me if this is different to the one i just over wrote though as they have not told me, car feels better though  :evil: