Author Topic: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10  (Read 30838 times)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10
« Reply #30 on: 06 October 2008, 19:25 »
maybe SC supplies certain dealers with a LP remap as a warranted optional extra for customers who want a little bit more but don't want to void the warranty, like stevep's richter map thru his dealer?

but glad you got it all sorted out telboy. 

however, that is some weird graph though even if its a "low power" version. If its a legitimate "map" then no way should it have had a "hole" in the plot like it did. It should still be smooth to a certain extent.

True, i was thinking this, although telboy said it felt OK on the road

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 06 October 2008, 19:26 »
Glad to hear you are all sorted mate. Just goes to show that the 250bhp for a mapped ED30 was laughable as I said and that something wasn't right.. But if you get the 290+ (which you should) it'll put the car to what it should be..

This LP map just sounds a bit dodgy to me. Heard soooo many bad things about SC now, although heard great things about their customer service, have to say. But this is generally after the customer has had a problem to start with..
I'm not saying this LP map doesn't exist, as it probably does. But why would it not be in there literature (i've never heard of it, have to say  :huh:) and more to the point, it shouldn't of ended up on a car of someone who has payed a lot of their hard earned to get the 307bhp they have been sold..
I know they have sorted Tel out and i'm glad he's happy. But this is just ANOTHER mess up by SC and it keeps happening more and more IMO.. NOt good! :sad:

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline john_o

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 06 October 2008, 19:35 »
it just doesnt add up tbh

a lower power map , ok maybe , but NEVER I have I seen a low power version advertised by Superchips.
If there was a market they would advertise and sell it!
Unless as said its marketed under a diff name.
Not to mention the R&D required to create 2 maps......

doesnt wash with me Im afraid.
but then Im always suspicous
Black 3dr Edition 30 manual
DEFi boost gauge | ECS Dogbone | WLineAntiLiftKit

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 06 October 2008, 19:37 »
Telboy, do you have a graph from today  :evil:
I do and will post as soon as I can either find a scanner or sort my camera out!!

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 06 October 2008, 19:37 »

a lower power map , ok maybe , but NEVER I have I seen a low power version advertised by Superchips.

they do have lower power maps, i have seen them for the ST, dreamscience also had them

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 06 October 2008, 19:37 »
Telboy, do you have a graph from today  :evil:
I do and will post as soon as I can either find a scanner or sort my camera out!!

just get it up  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 06 October 2008, 19:38 »
maybe SC supplies certain dealers with a LP remap as a warranted optional extra for customers who want a little bit more but don't want to void the warranty, like stevep's richter map thru his dealer?

but glad you got it all sorted out telboy. 

however, that is some weird graph though even if its a "low power" version. If its a legitimate "map" then no way should it have had a "hole" in the plot like it did. It should still be smooth to a certain extent.

SC did confirm my file was defo a faulty one although it was based on an LP file rather than the full power version. The new file they have loaded is as it should be and smooth as you like, nice power delivery!!!

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 06 October 2008, 19:42 »

There is a an LP map by SC, they did explain when it's used although in all the excitement I've totally forgot!!!

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 06 October 2008, 20:20 »
Really pleased you are now sorted ! Nice power increase ....

SC told me they could do a LP map if I wished for no extra and swap between that and the HP one via their server when I wished ...... if I wished.

My concern with the HP / normal remap is that whilst fine it may be more than I need - thus my enquiry.  I have had variable boost before on cars and found that a setting say 2/3rds of the full remap was more driveable .... if it is mapped correctly - something in this case which seems missing  :rolleyes:

There is something quite appealing about thrashing a car to get good power .... it is sometimes more fun than having loads of power straight out of the box.  I should add to this that I have had a modded TVR Griffith so know what 'quick' means  :laugh:

I think a properly mapped Edition 30 with 250-260bhp would be quite amusing .... so long as it is mapped properly ! 

This said, I have never been out in a 'fully' modded Ed 30 and am seriously considering the APR version  :evil: via Tuningwerkes in Croydon.  Anyone near Kingston, Surrey who wants to take me for a spin in a remapped Ed 30 please feel free to PM me  :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 06 October 2008, 21:15 by SO8 »

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 06 October 2008, 20:50 »
Mate, great to hear you finally got it sorted. Musta been gutting when car when on the rollers.