Author Topic: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10  (Read 30840 times)

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
Re: Superchips & JKM day out 6/10
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2008, 18:35 »
nice one Terry glad you got it sorted after moaning to me most of the day  :grin: only jokin, better PM GTIjames so he can get his sorted too as its probs same problem do ya think?

Dan

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2008, 18:38 »
out of interest mate, how old is your Bluefin ?, and did they say why they would even produce a low power version ?
Very happy mate and yes they do a low powered file for some reason although not sold as standard!!!

My bluefin is 6 months old,...they were bloody brills to be honest,..

did they say how we can check the file ?
Best way is to connect your bluefin to your pc and email them your file apparently??? although I would give Dave a call as he was very helpful, their number is 01280816781, open Monday to Friday between 8am-5pm,....

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2008, 18:39 »
out of interest mate, how old is your Bluefin ?, and did they say why they would even produce a low power version ?
Very happy mate and yes they do a low powered file for some reason although not sold as standard!!!

My bluefin is 6 months old,...they were bloody brills to be honest,..

did they say how we can check the file ?
Best way is to connect your bluefin to your pc and email them your file apparently??? although I would give Dave a call as he was very helpful, their number is 01280816781, open Monday to Friday between 8am-5pm,....
Ok, worth checking i guess, thanks

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2008, 18:41 »
nice one Terry glad you got it sorted after moaning to me most of the day  :grin: only jokin, better PM GTIjames so he can get his sorted too as its probs same problem do ya think?

Dan
Dan,...he already emailed me,...have done the honourable thing and ignored it,... :grin: not really all taken care of,....

Are you the guy that made me that lovely cuppa tea and if so does that make you my B*itch??? :grin: :grin:

Just kidding, great to catch up and yep, moan officially over,..........for now!!!!

And another thing,.......................

Offline T88OMM

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2008, 18:41 »
Glad you got it sorted mate, bet it feels like a different car now  :cool:
Tom
Candy White ED30 | Carbonio | Turbo-Back Milltek | Autotech Fuel Pump | Stage 2 Custom-Code Remap

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2008, 18:42 »
Glad you got it sorted mate, bet it feels like a different car now  :cool:
Oh yes,.....much smoother and much faster,......

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2008, 18:51 »
Glad yours is sorted Tel :afro:

just all the other missing horses to find now  :lipsrsealed:

Offline john_o

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2008, 18:51 »
nice result telboy , thanks for sharing
Good on superchips too for sorting out.

now bear with me, this is directed at all maps not just superchips , but in this case it is SC
Im not being negative but im not sure I believe the whole 'low power map' idea.
Is that the DSG version? Why would they even have a LP map? And how did it make it onto your car?
With stringent R&D and versioning this kinda thing doesnt just happen.
The whole thing 'bothers' me. Maybe they give out the LP may as a rule (most people will prob be happy and never question it), and only upgrade you to higher power map if you complain. Is this because the higher power map isnt good for the car?

Im sure there are more than a few SC owners out there running the LP map and dont even know it!

just my rantings , Im glad that for you this issue is sorted.
Black 3dr Edition 30 manual
DEFi boost gauge | ECS Dogbone | WLineAntiLiftKit

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2008, 18:52 »
Glad yours is sorted Tel :afro:

just all the other missing horses to find now  :lipsrsealed:
:grin:Thanks,....to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the bluefin units were running on low!!!

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2008, 18:58 »
nice result telboy , thanks for sharing
Good on superchips too for sorting out.

now bear with me, this is directed at all maps not just superchips , but in this case it is SC
Im not being negative but im not sure I believe the whole 'low power map' idea.
Is that the DSG version? Why would they even have a LP map? And how did it make it onto your car?
With stringent R&D and versioning this kinda thing doesnt just happen.
The whole thing 'bothers' me. Maybe they give out the LP may as a rule (most people will prob be happy and never question it), and only upgrade you to higher power map if you complain. Is this because the higher power map isnt good for the car?

Im sure there are more than a few SC owners out there running the LP map and dont even know it!

just my rantings , Im glad that for you this issue is sorted.

One of the reasons is because the LP map is normally requested by the owner???? largely down to either insurance reasons or due to if you're having problems with your car you wouldn't want a higher output running through the engine????

Not sure if I believe it either although I must admit he did give a techy reason for the LP mode :embarassed:, I just forgot the main reason why as I was so happy my car was now running properly !!!