Author Topic: wet rear footwell!!!  (Read 4562 times)

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
wet rear footwell!!!
« on: 17 March 2008, 16:55 »
my rear passenger footwell of my mk2 golf always seem to get soaking wet when its been raining or dry, ive looked under the car and there doesnt seem to be any holes plus it went thruough the mot like it in november and it was like it before the mot and i cant seem to find why it does this

Offline richardhammond

• GTI forum regular
Re: wet rear footwell!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2008, 17:04 »
Same Here!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2008, 17:08 »
must be something to do with the seal around the door or something, i used to have a mk2 golf GL years back, and when i rained hard it flooded the hole car, found out that the seals round the doors had perrised away and all the water was running in that way, you might have the same problem

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2008, 17:50 »
just had a look and i sussed it out. the plastic that protects the sill inside ,2 little white clips had broke meaning that its sits up a little aloowing water in so i think  i will have a butchers at some local scrappies for the clips, ill just take them off they'll never know  :wink:

Leon R

« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2008, 18:12 »
Is it a 3-Door or 5-Door?

Check your door cards aren't wet at the bottom,
If they are take off the door card and there is a whitish plastic sheeting that has most likely disintegrated or ripped. This needs to be water tight especially from the bottom half of the door.

Its possible that the water has rolled back from the front footwells so check they are dry.

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2008, 18:16 »
its a 3 door and its not the white sheet as i had to take the door card off to fit tweeter into

Offline iddlesgti

• Not said much yet
  • one way ................. dub way
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2008, 19:00 »
alright guys my mate had a similar problem turns out it was the rear washer feed pipe had split and emptyed the whole washer bottle in the rear footwell might be worth a look.
i had a water in my rear footwell and it was drainin from the front under the scuttle panel through the carpets and into the back. also check the boot carpet and spare wheel resess if these are wet i could be the boot leaking check the rear window as mine was leaking here too.
hope this helps

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2008, 20:49 »
was it behind the drivers seat or passenger seat as mine is behind the drivers seat

Offline richardhammond

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2008, 21:59 »
Mine is behind the drivers

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2008, 22:03 »
Mine is behind the drivers and the driver front footwell. Seems to be from the scuttle. How do I fix this?

Nick