Poll

how many VW shows do you go to per year?

10 (18.9%)
1 to 3
24 (45.3%)
4 to 6
10 (18.9%)
6 and over
9 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: how many shows do you go to?  (Read 4015 times)

kells

Re: how many shows do you go to?
« Reply #30 on: 13 March 2008, 21:45 »
they way most of people follow each other round like sheep copying this and that... all boring mate... been in it long enough and had enough....  things like the tvr golf that jo did was cool and other original stuff that none of these cheque book mummys boys can copy...... till then the mags and the shows are all the same....

those were the days......

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 13 March 2008, 23:15 »
prob about 3 or 4.

didn't do many last year, in fact i think i just did one (inters)

this year I am hoping to go to:

Inters
Bugjam (weather permitting)
VWNW
E38/Action

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2008, 11:45 »
they way most of people follow each other round like sheep copying this and that... all boring mate... been in it long enough and had enough....  things like the tvr golf that jo did was cool and other original stuff that none of these cheque book mummys boys can copy...... till then the mags and the shows are all the same....
those were the days......

Thing with this is, in reality its not easy to be original / do something different, and it to be any good and still be accepted. I mean, look at all the threads people post on here asbout ''ebay sh!tters'' and the like. And as far as mk1's, 2's etc are concerned, its hard to be original in a scene thats getting on for 10 years old at least, pretty much everythings been done.
In other words, think of an original (and practical!) new and revolutionary idea that hasnt already been done. Yeah that TVR golf is friggin cool, but in all honesty, that car could have realistically been whatever shell he decided to stick onto it. And there are ''different'' cars out there in the show scene, for example the 'derbyblade' that was at e38 and UD's.
You say about going into the aircooled scene (now dont get me wrong here, i love bugs / campers etc etc) but to me, thats just the same for originalty. to me, all rat look, cal look, resto look beetles.....look the same  :huh:  All scenes have their generic look, Vaux boys are often race look (speedlines, LET's and whapping FMIC), Honda scenes are more into kits, wheels and funky paint jobs, and of coure VW's are all about the low, lean & BBS'd up look. Maybe people copy because they like the look and know people are onto a good thing?
And for what its worth, i find the whole OEM plus thing just as anal.

S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2008, 21:19 »
been into vw's since i was about 13/14 which would be er.... around the late 80's... have had loads of air and watercooled stuff... the aircooled scene aint as 'bumboy' as all this lick arse name droppin shizzle that goes on within the watercooled stuff...

and if and when i do get another aircooled, it will be done to how i want it.... as was my last one...have organised loads of vw stuff in me time from meets to shows, and been in mags/papers etc about them dont really need 'pup' tellin me what is and what isnt i have eyes, so do most of the other vw fans that get bored of sh!t..... just was sayin me piece that was all...

:laugh: :laugh:

Dinky

« Reply #34 on: 16 March 2008, 14:15 »
erm...I was really pants last year at shows...
Love fricking wkenders (my all time fav will always be my first e38)...not so much last year...but that will be changing..golf on road and I am there..even contemplating bugjam! :laugh: although..if i do that, im in a hotel on the thurs nite before and meeting people at the gate on friday cos 06 was just stupid trying to get in where you lot were.. :grin:
I also neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to go to Germany...looking at some of the cars over there just gives me goosebumps!! Plus..a holiday is a holiday..although I wouldn't mind travelling over in a transit and scouring a couple of the local scrap yards :cool:

Dinx :kiss:
« Last Edit: 16 March 2008, 14:20 by Dinx »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 16 March 2008, 21:13 »
erm...I was really pants last year at shows...
Love fricking wkenders (my all time fav will always be my first e38)...not so much last year...but that will be changing..golf on road and I am there..even contemplating bugjam! :laugh: although..if i do that, im in a hotel on the thurs nite before and meeting people at the gate on friday cos 06 was just stupid trying to get in where you lot were.. :grin:
I also neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to go to Germany...looking at some of the cars over there just gives me goosebumps!! Plus..a holiday is a holiday..although I wouldn't mind travelling over in a transit and scouring a couple of the local scrap yards :cool:

Dinx :kiss:

you mean a transporter/t25?  :grin:

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 16 March 2008, 21:24 »
Jord after the success of Club Charlys last year, me and jv will get to atleast one european show this year, will let you know.

I fancy a European one this year so give me a shout too.

Me three

Me four!

I'm not too sure how many I went to last year, 4 maybe 5, but 3 months were spent abroad, so I don't think I did too bad!
This year (even though I started badly) I intend on doing a fair few, as I'm living a bit more central.

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 16 March 2008, 21:29 »
i have been to no shows  :cry:

but i am hoping to attend a few this year, im on the stand at BHP with another site

and am hoping to go to modifiedUK this year aswell

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #38 on: 17 March 2008, 19:29 »
i cant wait for spring fest!!! get the polish out, might have an ice cream too  :drool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #39 on: 17 March 2008, 19:30 »
crazy udder is where its at.