Author Topic: ECU change on 130tdi HELP ME!!!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Oliross2004

• Just got here
ECU change on 130tdi HELP ME!!!
« on: 29 August 2007, 19:20 »
Hi guys, just registered because i need some help! ive got a GT TDI 130 and ive just aquired an ECU from the TDI 150 and wondering if it will swap straight over into my 130? Any of you guys done it or know anything about it? I spoke to my local VW garage today and they wouldnt say anything to me about. All they did say is that it will make the locks not work on my doors!!!!! Think it can be done? 

Offline lewisgraham

• Not said much yet
Re: ECU change on 130tdi HELP ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2007, 19:29 »
is the air intake not diferent with the intercooler ?

Offline Oliross2004

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2007, 19:31 »
I dont know, i was just thinking it would be more or less like chipping the standard 130 ecu so it cant really affect the rest of the car but im not sure.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2007, 21:12 »
unlikely to work in all honesty;

1) incompatibilty between the ECU and immobiliser which means your car won't start
2) the differences between the 2 engines; the 150 runs at a higher boost and different mapping giving it the top end speed. not entirely sure on the internal differences between the 2 engines but its unlikely your 130 (if it starts!) will enjoy it much
3) 150 has front mounted intercooler so the air flow and the temperature could well make a significant difference

why did you need the ECU anyway? why didn't you just get it remapped?? or have you blown your existing ECU?  :huh:

Offline Oliross2004

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2007, 22:03 »
I brought it off Egay just under pretences that it may work on my 130 engine, i still have the 130 ECU in the car, i havnt tried swopping them over yet, im not sure if its the wisest of moves! superchip is prob the way.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2007, 09:08 »
i think it will be more hassle than its worth to be honest mate!!

get a remap; much safer, quicker and easier  :wink:

stay away from any Ebay special chips!!  :laugh: :laugh: