Author Topic: MK 5 R32 Review  (Read 34829 times)

Offline Matt555

• Here all the time
Re: MK 5 R32 Review
« Reply #60 on: 09 July 2006, 09:57 »
My local TVR dealer fella  :wink:

Offline charri42

• Here all the time
« Reply #61 on: 09 July 2006, 12:59 »
If I wanted speed, I'd see my local dealer!!!!!!!!!!!   :smug:

Finesse and Control at regular speeds is the way forward, retaining your licence whilst grinning like a cheshire cat  :cool: :cool: :cool:  I'd love to see Pug bring out another 106 rally as good as the original....

Ah, 106 rallye - another car i want to own.

Think I'm in to the finesse side of things too Matt. Not too bothered about grunt, but stringing together some challenging B road corners floats my boat :smiley:

I still want to see a DOC R32 supercharged though

Offline Matt555

• Here all the time
« Reply #62 on: 09 July 2006, 13:42 »
It's the satisfaction and grin factor, that's brought on when I 'just get it right' on a B road that gets me going.  The Boxster S is certainly one that ticks the boxes, last night for example.  I took the misses out for her birthday, some 35 mile drive cross country each way and with her a little tiddly in the passenger seat I gave it some beans on the way back at midnight.  Wow was it awesome, some of the roundabouts were so cool that I went around them twice  :evil:

Sledgehammer performance has it's place, albeit at Santapod  :wink:

If Doc get the supercharger, then we'll have to have a meet at somewhere nice and quiet so he can demo the R32.  That would make for one beast of a motor, but I think some light weight alloys would add to the pleasure  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #63 on: 09 July 2006, 13:48 »
imagine a stripped-out, light weight supercharged R32  :evil:  :drool:  :cool:

Pike Man

« Reply #64 on: 10 July 2006, 13:02 »
About half the price of the motor in my scooby!  :wink:

Modified is modified and I have raced modded Mk5 gtis and non were as quick 0-60 and the R32 killed them on the 0-100!  :grin:

Sorry mate - that's BS. My mates GTI that's been tweaked by AmD runs at 255bhp. It did 0 - 60mph in 5.9secs amd  0 - 100mph in 14.6 secs on a dry run last week. Your bog standard R32 may just keep up to 60 but it will not be able to match the 0- 100mph figure.  Can you not get over the fact that the R32 is not everyones cup-of-tea? It's also not that much quicker than a GTI in the real world. I've had two R32's attempt a bit of one upmanship with me and neither got past me, especially on a twisty road  :wink:  and I have not had my car remapped... yet   :drool:  Here's a tip - take the bling off the front of your R32, put it in the living room - it would make a great fire place  :grin:

The r32 is a fine car, but 9/10 people I come accross, who have driven both, prefr the GTI - both in terms of cost, LOOKS, performance and handling. I've not read a motoring mag yet where they chose the R32 above the GTI in direct comparison  :rolleyes:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #65 on: 10 July 2006, 15:07 »
Dement this :grin:
« Last Edit: 10 January 2007, 18:31 by The Doc »

Pike Man

« Reply #66 on: 17 July 2006, 16:02 »
Yes of course your correct - I'm miles off - I'll sell the R32 tomorrow and buy a GTI - thanks for the education.

My pleasure  :wink:

I also don't agree that all mags say the GTI is BETTER than the R32. Thats a load of rubbish - I'm sure that they compare them but at the end of the day the R32 is faster in all areas, and handles FAR better in the wet with NO torque steer, plus it depends upon what YOU want out out of a car not a journalist or other people on forums or your mates or there mates etc

Not quite what I said -  "... chose the R32 above the GTI ..."  I did not say BETTER  :rolleyes:

BUT both it and the GTi are great all rounders but, for me ( and all the moaning from you isn't going to change this ) the R32 has far superior and brilliant wet weather performance (for a 30k hatch - which is cheap money IMHO) and its great for going the shops, B&Q and the like, Also it makes life easier driving around car shops to go see the cars I really, really want...

I agree  - I have a Cayman S .  The GTI is my practicle car, used for everyhting day-to-day and yet it's still good fun. The porsche is my toy and what a toy it is :smiley:

After all its only a Golf...  :wink:

Yes it is! If we all liked the same things, wouldn't life be boring! The best thing about the R32 IMHO is the noise - now, there's something the GTi can't match!  All the best - Mark.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 17 July 2006, 18:46 »
So go on whats your excuse for not buying a 911 TURBO?  :grin:

And what a SHAT toy the cayman is...

so here's some of my advice...

...dump yer birds car and buy a real porker!
« Last Edit: 17 July 2006, 23:05 by The Doc »

Pike Man

« Reply #68 on: 18 July 2006, 09:12 »
So go on whats your excuse for not buying a 911 TURBO?  :grin:

And what a SHAT toy the cayman is...

so here's some of my advice...

...dump yer birds car and buy a real porker!

I try to be nice, but you're obviously a prize idiot (and that's being polite). A 911 turbo costs a fair bit of money don't you know? Even an early 996 is still way out of my budget. I did consider a C4S, but the Cayman is just stunning. I could buy two R32's for what the Cayman cost of course, but hey, the Cayman is twice the car, well, ten times really. Stunning looks, awsome performance, I could go on but I'm not too sure you'd be intelligent enough to comprehend what I'm talking about  :rolleyes:  Clearly, you need to grow up a little. Is the R32 really yours - or is it your mummy's  :grin:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #69 on: 18 July 2006, 09:25 »
Dement this :grin:
« Last Edit: 10 January 2007, 18:31 by The Doc »