Author Topic: More Golf hot hatches open for order  (Read 2367 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
More Golf hot hatches open for order
« on: 06 August 2024, 12:25 »
Key dates
Thursday 8 August  – open for customer ordering

Customer orders can be placed in SLI
Digital:
Car configurator will go live on Volkswagen.co.uk
Personal digital brochures and Showroom App will go live
Finance quotes will open in Connect OnLine
Friday 9 August

Finance calculator will go live
The availability of the Golf GTI Clubsport and Golf R will conclude the new Golf Hatch and Estate line. These new trims, unveiled at the legendary Nürburgring, represent the pinnacle of Volkswagen’s engineering and design prowess.

Product Information
The New Golf GTI Clubsport: Unleashing Performance and Design

Golf Clubsport ()

Power and speed

The Golf GTI Clubsport boasts an impressive 221 kW (300 PS) with a top speed of 267 km/h (where law permits). It accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.6 seconds.

Driving dynamics

Includes a DCC adaptive chassis control system and a special driving profile tailored for the Nürburgring. The optional GTI Performance package allows the top speed to be raised to 270 km/h.

The New Golf R (Hatch and Estate) and all New Golf R Black Edition: Redefining Sportiness

Golf R 1 ()

Enhanced performance

Both models come with a turbocharged engine delivering 245 kW (333 PS). The Golf R accelerates to 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds, while the Golf R Estate completes it in 4.8 seconds. With R Black Edition equipped with optional R Performance package as standard, the top speed is increased to 270 km/h (from 250 km/h) where law permits.

Distinctive design

The new R comes with a variety of alloys. The new 19-inch “Warmenau” forged wheels in Black, or with a high sheen grey surface, are freshly developed. They are named after the headquarters of Volkswagen R and are characterised by their filigree, progressive and open design. With a weight of just eight kilograms per rim, they are around 20 per cent lighter than the “Estoril” alloy wheels and improve performance

Interior innovation

The multi-function sports leather steering wheel in the new Golf R has been improved for easier operation: compared to the Golf standard model, it has larger DSG shift paddles and is visually appealing with perforated leather in the grip area and a blue steering wheel clasp as well as decorative stitching, also in blue. There are “R”-specific door side trims, floor mats with the “R”-logo and pedal caps, the brushed stainless steel driver's footrest and a black roof lining.

The all new Black Edition

The Golf R Black Edition features a completely dark aesthetic, 19-inch Estoril wheels, and the Performance package as standard. It includes IQ.LIGHT LED matrix headlights, black R brake calipers, and special driving modes like drift and special for track enthusiasts.

All of the new trims will benefit from a sharper exterior, new IQ Matrix Lights and new LED tail light clusters, with animations and an illuminated VW logo.

The interior is enhanced for driver focus and comfort, featuring the new IDA voice assistant with ChatGPT integration.

Pricing:

GTI Clubsport OTR £41,655
Golf R Hatch OTR £43,320
Golf R Hatch Black Edition £44,570
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: More Golf hot hatches open for order
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2024, 13:00 »
Mmm filigree wheels
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2024, 14:11 »
Mmm filigree wheels

Hand crafted from finest chinesium.

Nice and light, wonder how they’ll cope with UK roads.

Thanks Lee

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2024, 16:49 »
Hopefully the link works, VW UK press release

https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/5170
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sharpe

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2024, 18:12 »
That R Black Edition does look very nice… wonder if my GTI build slot cloud be converted, with the same % discount applied :laugh:

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2024, 09:01 »

Product Information
The New Golf GTI Clubsport: Unleashing Performance and Design

Golf Clubsport ()

Power and speed

The Golf GTI Clubsport boasts an impressive 221 kW (300 PS) with a top speed of 267 km/h (where law permits). It accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.6 seconds.

Driving dynamics

Includes a DCC adaptive chassis control system and a special driving profile tailored for the Nürburgring. The optional GTI Performance package allows the top speed to be raised to 270 km/h.

I see the press release above that Lee kindly posted earlier appears to have been amended to remove DCC as a standard feature, it's now an £720 option!

Offline DrivenToDistraction

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2024, 16:20 »

I see the press release above that Lee kindly posted earlier appears to have been amended to remove DCC as a standard feature, it's now an £720 option!

Yes, confirmed on the updated UK configurator (GTI Clubsport) - same for the basic GTI and the Golf R.
VW certainly aren't doing their customers regarding what many view as an essential feature...
2017 Mk 7.5 GTI, manual, black.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2024, 17:26 »
VW certainly aren't doing their customers regarding what many view as an essential feature...

Never been standard on any golf yet...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline DrivenToDistraction

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2024, 17:52 »

Never been standard on any golf yet...

Yeah, I know. Its simply that anyone I have known who has specced DCC (mostly Golf R owners) say that it should be. There is generally an evolution of things that used be be extras (e.g. heated seats) that become so popular that they become part of the standard package (at least in top of the range models) over time. Its just a pity that this has never happened with DCC, so a large proportion of owners never get to experience it.
2017 Mk 7.5 GTI, manual, black.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2024, 18:26 »
Standard DCC would be the one feature that would dissuade me from buying a car.
Hated it on my TCR.
Squishy when the damper oil was cold, couldn’t keep up with the hard springs in comfort settings so ironically made the ride worse on sudden imperfections, and too firm in firm mode.

Thank goodness we have a choice (plus the cars are £700 odd less expensive as a result - not that the cost angle would worry the multimillionaire R brigade I’d imagine)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner