Author Topic: Adelaide alloys 19inch  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: Adelaide alloys 19inch
« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2024, 23:07 »
Your pictures make me think that these are replicas!?, as they appear to have 56mm centre caps and the slightly smaller bolt holes that won’t accept the original bolt caps, note the distance between centre cap and bolt hole when compared to this picture of a genuine wheel. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with reps by the way, that’s what I have on my GTI, just something to take into account.

« Last Edit: 09 July 2024, 17:44 by Carlosfandango »
On Order -
8.5 GTI, Dolphin, Pan roof, Area view, DCC, Queenstown wheels, HUD, HK, Spare wheel.

Current -
2022 Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2024, 22:01 »
Your pictures make me think that these are replicas!?

I’d agree. Also the genuine alloy in the picture you posted has been KBA certified (a German safety certification) as it has the KBA number on the face of the wheel near the hole for the valve stem. The alloys in the OP’s pictures don’t appear to have the KBA number which IMHO is another indicator that they may be replicas.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2024, 14:08 »
I'm guessing that these wheels were replicas as Togger seems to have gone quiet. 

He may have made an error or he may have been disingenuous, but the Mk8 forum regulars always spot these things.     :wink:
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE