Author Topic: Trim levels s se autobahn how to tell what I have please  (Read 1331 times)

Offline SuperScaff

• Not said much yet
I’m trying to understand the difference in trim level options and determine what model mine is any input would be appreciated

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Assuming your car isn’t an import from North America I’m going for “none of the above”

It’s either a GTI or a GTI Performance Pack.
Thats it, that’s all we had in the UK.

Obviously the Ed40 and TCR were different but they’re very different.

Performance Pack has GTI logo front calipers which is the visual difference, the VAQ diff and tiny bit extra horsepower are the unseen extras.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SuperScaff

• Not said much yet
Assuming your car isn’t an import from North America I’m going for “none of the above”

It’s either a GTI or a GTI Performance Pack.
Thats it, that’s all we had in the UK.

Obviously the Ed40 and TCR were different but they’re very different.

Performance Pack has GTI logo front calipers which is the visual difference, the VAQ diff and tiny bit extra horsepower are the unseen extras.

Ah ok thank you that’s the trouble with reading too much on the interweb I’m getting myself in a right muddle  :cool: I have the heated leather seats and dual climate control in mine along with a virtual dash so was wondering if they was a optional extra

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
If it’s a 7.5 then the leather is optional extra, dual zone climate and digi dash standard fit.

Depending on what year the car is will determine how much of its spec is standard or optioned as it did change year to year. Very late 7.5 cars had a really good standard spec but early mk7’s were comparatively less well equipped and even nav was an option. Six or so years of production saw quite a few spec changes.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SuperScaff

• Not said much yet
If it’s a 7.5 then the leather is optional extra, dual zone climate and digi dash standard fit.

Depending on what year the car is will determine how much of its spec is standard or optioned as it did change year to year. Very late 7.5 cars had a really good standard spec but early mk7’s were comparatively less well equipped and even nav was an option. Six or so years of production saw quite a few spec changes.

It’s a 2016

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
Put a few photos up and I'm sure that will help identify what you have.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
The virtual dash was a March 2017 onwards feature so it must have been retrofitted.

I can’t quite remember what exactly was standard in 2016 but I know nav was from mid 2015 when there was a big price hike and possibly winter pack added as standard(?), it’s was a long time ago now!
As yours has leather then it’ll be heated anyway. I think it was about a £1700 option.

Other standalone options from that era were sunroof (about a grand), park assist (£300 ish), reverse camera (£200 ish), extra airbags I think(?), upgraded Pro nav (£lots), DCC (£750ish), 19” wheels (£750 ish) and some other stuff I can’t remember probably.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet

Offline SuperScaff

• Not said much yet