Author Topic: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??  (Read 73710 times)

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
Re: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??
« Reply #80 on: 21 August 2014, 13:46 »
Give me a shout if you want to try a proper remap  :wink:

That no doubt causes issues with TD1 too :)

And before you say anything , that's come from a highly respected Belgium remapper we supply that shared the info about the latest CMD updates :)

Remapping / fitting a tuning box has risks no matter which way you look at it.  What happens if an engine goes bang?? Upon inspection they will find what caused it and realise that the engine was running above factory levels even if you remove the map and or box

I know plenty of people who have mapped their cars from day one and have NEVER had a single issue with claiming on warranty  :smiley:

You'll run into problems if you hide the fact they you have modified your vehicle from day one.

yeah, but are you referring to the latest VAG's that fall under the TD1 umbrella? were supplying more and more main dealers with kits that have previously mapped cars, due to the fact that they know that TD1 will cause them serious issues with the brand
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #81 on: 21 August 2014, 14:41 »
Give me a shout if you want to try a proper remap  :wink:

That no doubt causes issues with TD1 too :)

And before you say anything , that's come from a highly respected Belgium remapper we supply that shared the info about the latest CMD updates :)

Remapping / fitting a tuning box has risks no matter which way you look at it.  What happens if an engine goes bang?? Upon inspection they will find what caused it and realise that the engine was running above factory levels even if you remove the map and or box

I know plenty of people who have mapped their cars from day one and have NEVER had a single issue with claiming on warranty  :smiley:

You'll run into problems if you hide the fact they you have modified your vehicle from day one.

yeah, but are you referring to the latest VAG's that fall under the TD1 umbrella? were supplying more and more main dealers with kits that have previously mapped cars, due to the fact that they know that TD1 will cause them serious issues with the brand

Yes

Question for you then. Those who hit limp mode etc will have a fault code stored in the ECU. What happens when the car goes to the dealer and they see those fault codes??

Not everyone has the equipment to clear DTC's...... :sad:
« Last Edit: 21 August 2014, 16:47 by Rhyso »

Offline cupra184

• Just got here
« Reply #82 on: 25 August 2014, 17:15 »
is what someone has already past car dyno?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #83 on: 25 August 2014, 19:02 »
is what someone has already past car dyno?

Welcome to the forum but haven't a clue what your question is!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline cupra184

• Just got here
« Reply #84 on: 25 August 2014, 22:07 »
sorry I'm french and I'm not at the top to speak English

which has already passed the car on the power bench with DTUK

Offline Rick101

• Not said much yet
« Reply #85 on: 30 August 2014, 23:33 »
Maybe write your question in French and someone will be able to translate better. :smiley:

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #86 on: 31 August 2014, 13:27 »
Looks like he is asking if anyone has put their car on a dyno with the tuning box yet. 
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 31 August 2014, 16:59 »
Dtuk have but don't think anyone else has who has bought one.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Smokey knight

• Just got here
  • Golf MK7 GTD DSG DTUK stage 2 and Dynaudio
« Reply #88 on: 06 September 2014, 20:22 »
Hi monkey hanger

I have just picked up the DTUK stage 2 CRDT+ for my GTD mk 7. When you mention new box and settings 3.2 are referring to the CRDT+ which only has three program's? Apparently the one before had 4 programs.

I'm still on standard setting which is not much difference but not changed it yet

Offline Smokey knight

• Just got here
  • Golf MK7 GTD DSG DTUK stage 2 and Dynaudio
« Reply #89 on: 07 September 2014, 12:39 »
The way the box works it will fool the car into reporting more MPG. Fill the car with fuel and measure your MPG that way.

I've found 3+1 is the best setting for me. If you're not noticing any major difference power wise compared to stock then either you aren't driving the car right or your box is faulty.

There is a slight increase in power in 1st and slightly more in 2nd gear but it comes alive in 3rd. It flies in that gear.

Hi did you notice a difference between 3.1 3.2?