Author Topic: GTD/GTI - competition time! Whats your average MPG from start (long term ;) )?  (Read 8320 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: GTD/GTI - competition time! Whats your average MPG from start?
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2013, 10:39 »
Confusing thread this, we already have an MPG thread and how can you have an average since start?  Surely the average since start is the long term?  Unless you reset your long term all the time?

Sorry to be pedantic, I want to be accurate with my answers  :)

In your average MPG menu there is a "since start" option as well as "long term", like i said in my last post, the since start one gives you your average for your current journey which resets itself after something like 4hrs.

Yeah I know that  :smiley:

So is the question on this thread "What's the highest since start figure you've ever seen"?

Offline adekil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2013, 15:58 »
When I asked this question I saw the 'from start' and assumed that meant from 'zero' on the clock, I never saw a long term, so my question meant what is the average MPG displayed since Zero (or 'long term')
Current(2024): MK8 Golf R, Pure White, RV Camera & 19" Estoril Diamond Cut

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2013, 16:10 »
When I asked this question I saw the 'from start' and assumed that meant from 'zero' on the clock, I never saw a long term, so my question meant what is the average MPG displayed since Zero (or 'long term')

Makes sense then! My long term is 32.5 with about 950 on the clock

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2013, 16:29 »
41.1 gti

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2013, 16:33 »
41.1 gti

This is your long term average? :shocked:. How many miles have you done? I just don't see how people can be achieving these figures in a GTI. Driving in economy mode and with a very light foot the best I've seen is 36mpg.

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2013, 16:45 »
3300 miles in. Mainly up and down the M3. Some days I'm averaging 45/46 on a run.

Offline Robbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2013, 17:21 »
2000 miles in, 43 long-term. Got up to the heady heights of 49 the other day, although generally 46 on a run. Can get down to 34 driving round town though.
Golf GTD Manual 5 Door, Carbon Grey.

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 December 2013, 18:49 »
41.1 gti

This is your long term average? :shocked:. How many miles have you done? I just don't see how people can be achieving these figures in a GTI. Driving in economy mode and with a very light foot the best I've seen is 36mpg.

If you're getting 40's as an average long term figure and this isn't meant to offend anyone but you really shouldn't have bought a GTI and should have considered something like a blue motion Golf diesel. As you are probably using 10% of the car's power and it would indicate that you drive quite steadily and economically.

I agree Craig my average long term is 27.6 that's in the DSG and that's driving what I would consider to be normal.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Flintymutt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2013, 19:06 »
41.1 gti

If you're getting 40's as an average long term figure and this isn't meant to offend anyone but you really shouldn't have bought a GTI and should have considered something like a blue motion Golf diesel. As you are probably using 10% of the car's power and it would indicate that you drive quite steadily and economically.

I agree Craig my average long term is 27.6 that's in the DSG and that's driving what I would consider to be normal.

Given My daily commute is 120 mile round trip with an average motorway speed of around 50 due to slow traffic it's just what I get.  I'm happy with what I get. It also means that I have fun when not doing the daily drive to work. And with no disrespect to anyone. I hate driving diesels.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
If your overall average is over 35 mpg since day one, then you're not driving your GTI properly!  :evil: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....