Author Topic: Sad having 2 GTI's?  (Read 14828 times)

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
Re: Sad having 2 GTI's?
« Reply #70 on: 06 August 2013, 14:07 »
Didn't think it was an option, thought it was standard.

Either way even if you take this off the list, it's still a massive difference!
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #71 on: 06 August 2013, 14:29 »

Headlight wash, autodimming rear view mirror, rain sensors and auto ,xenons (adaptive), cruise control with braking functions are all £0.00 extras (for some reason you have to select them in the configurator, but they come at no charge.  :huh: Not sure who wouldn't select free equipment.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 06 August 2013, 14:40 »

Headlight wash, autodimming rear view mirror, rain sensors and auto ,xenons (adaptive), cruise control with braking functions are all £0.00 extras (for some reason you have to select them in the configurator, but they come at no charge.  :huh: Not sure who wouldn't select free equipment.

They're not free monkeyhanger - although it says £0.00, when you select it it says you must select the pack that goes with it eg. xenons £0.00 but then it says you have to pick the xenon pack £590.  Its a bit misleading.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #73 on: 06 August 2013, 14:51 »

They're not free monkeyhanger - although it says £0.00, when you select it it says you must select the pack that goes with it eg. xenons £0.00 but then it says you have to pick the xenon pack £590.  Its a bit misleading.

Very misleading. Do all 1 series all still come with those awful runflats?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 06 August 2013, 14:54 »

I hope not but I fear that they do.  Makes such a difference to the price of new tyres, wish they wouldn't bother!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #75 on: 06 August 2013, 14:58 »

I hope not but I fear that they do.  Makes such a difference to the price of new tyres, wish they wouldn't bother!

I was thinking more of the ride quality than the cost, but they are very expensive to replace also. They're like Fred Flinstone tyres (solid rock).

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 06 August 2013, 15:07 »

I was thinking more of the ride quality than the cost, but they are very expensive to replace also. They're like Fred Flinstone tyres (solid rock).

Yes, they are very hard.  I had them on my 3 series and (although it didn't bother me) the ride was very, very firm.  And all 4 tyres cost me £1,100 to replace.  In January.  F7ckin' cheers!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #77 on: 06 August 2013, 15:14 »
Yes, they are very hard.  I had them on my 3 series and (although it didn't bother me) the ride was very, very firm.  And all 4 tyres cost me £1,100 to replace.  In January.  F7ckin' cheers!

Pothole damage? The main reason I am dreading Dunlops - shagged 3 of those on my first Roc in it's first winter (sidewall bulge), 2nd Roc came with Pirelli P7s. Hoping to get Bridgestone, Continental or Pirellis on the GTD

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #78 on: 06 August 2013, 15:19 »
Runflat tyres are standard on the 1 Series.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 06 August 2013, 16:36 »

Pothole damage? The main reason I am dreading Dunlops - shagged 3 of those on my first Roc in it's first winter (sidewall bulge), 2nd Roc came with Pirelli P7s. Hoping to get Bridgestone, Continental or Pirellis on the GTD

Potholes, one bulge and the rest nearly bald! Yep, me too, can't stand the Dunlops.
Audi RS5 2018