Author Topic: My latest dub addition.......  (Read 2265 times)

Offline tobz.

• I live here
My latest dub addition.......
« on: 10 June 2005, 10:06 »
The call of the aircooled has got the better of me and last night I won a 1983 T25 bus on ebay!!!

Genuine 74k on the clock and only owned by two different families. Obviously I haven't actually seen it yet but the seller assures me there are no rust bubbles or rot and it hasn't been welded. No current mot but the seller is gonna book one at his local garage for when I pick it up. He is so confident of it passing he has offered me a full refund if it fails on a major fault........hmmm so hopefully I can't lose.
It's currently as it left the factory as an 8 seater minibus, my plan initially is to build a basic camping interior which can be easily removed to refit the bench seats for days out etc. Looks like it's cornwall for a holiday this year then!

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

mrwotto

Re: My latest dub addition.......
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2005, 10:20 »
Looks good matey, hope it is as good as it seems :cool:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2005, 08:58 »
Go on tobz, nice one our kid.  :grin: It's a lot better than having to put up a tent at the shows.  :grin:
......now officially dubless.

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2005, 09:49 »
Canny :cool: hun

Dinx :kiss:

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2005, 10:35 »
Yep maybe I'll actually get round to attending a full weekender now I've got some accomodation Paul.
Picked it up on saturday, the sellers had the mot done on saturday morning and all it required was a couple of bulbs and a small piece of perished fuel line sorting out. By the time I arrived saturday afternoon it was all sorted with a fresh ticket and ready to go. Drove it 50 miles from Luton to cambridge and all I can say is man it's gonna take some getting used to!!! A gti it definately aint, I need to get into the relaxed way of bus driving and not worry about how slow I'm going, did manage a couple of overtaking manouvres on the way home still  :grin:
The only thing I've gotta get sorted straight away is a leaky rocker cover gasket, it was a bit disconcerting when I got it home and there was smoke billowing out of the back, a quick glance underneath revealed the rocker gasket dripping onto the exhaust, easy job.....hopefully!
Anyway for those who care some more pics:

Hmmmm think I could start holding my own mini meet!!!

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2005, 10:41 »
Nice one mate, looks mint, quality colour too  :evil:

Loving your collections of dubs o the drive  :cool:

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2005, 10:55 »
nice one tobz, we`ll see you at uttoxeter on saturday then :wink:

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2005, 11:04 »
How much did you pay for that dude? Me and the missus are after one to do the mini shows in as we've had enough of tents!

Nick

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2005, 11:10 »
Yep bronze very 80's colour scheme, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was mint but for its age it's in good order. It's had a respray at some time but in original colours, absolutely no rust round the arches and other common areas. Underneath looks as good as new with no rot and completely unwelded.
Not sure I'll be quite ready for saturday Vaughn, gotta build some kind of basic interior to get by initially. Hoping to take it to cornwall late august and hopefully be back in time to attend action in september.

I paid £800 for it Nick, took a bit of a risk as it had no mot at the time but it pretty much sailed through so all good in the end (and I managed to haggle the guy out of the cost of the mot!!!). I've seen panel vans go for as little as £300 on ebay but they've usually got rust issues and you've got the cost of converting. A minibus seems to be the way to go as they don't fetch anything like the price a camper goes for but they've already got the windows and all the interior trimming etc.

mix

« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2005, 11:18 »
how many dubs.... (and before anyone says, i can see there is four....)

Cool camper, proper 80's colour :grin: