Author Topic: someone has reversed into my valver  (Read 5779 times)

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
Re: someone has reversed into my valver
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2005, 12:39 »
Say to them thats fine don't pay for it but I'm going to report it and go thru insurance. If they won't pay just do it. You will be fine with you big bumper but I'd deffo report it to the police you are in the right and they have done wrong so they will have to pay for it and their ins claim will go up and they will learn never to hit a mk2

Please please report it and go thru ins otherwise you could be left with nothing if they refuse to pay

what she said ^^^

just supply your insurers with the other party's reg. number. oh, and report it to the police  :evil:

arseholes.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2005, 12:46 »
absolute nightmare just what i dont need thx for your support.  You reckon report it to the police anyway?  Even if they have confirmed that they will pay for it? 

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2005, 12:50 »
Dude....please please please, report it to the police and tell your insurance the other party's registration.

It would be fair enough letting it go if it was just a scuff, but the whole bumper is off  :undecided: There may be other damage lurking, which could be more costly than replacing just the bumper alone  :sad:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2005, 12:50 »
YES!!!

Cover your back!! Then your given a number and if they refuse to pay for work done which they could do you just ring your ins company up they will get report from police and they will go forward if you need them to! I'd go thru insurance less they pay for everything you want. And tell them that!!

Report it now boy!! Tis really easy to do and they will just report all damage done - will stop others sayin oh no we didn't agree to that and try and get them to apologize to you infront of some people because that's admitting liability - which is why when you get involved in a prang you NEVER say sorry even if it was your fault  :wink:
V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2005, 12:59 »
waiting for the woman to get home from work then im gonna report as you guys know best.  Cheers.  Have a witness that saw it happen as well so its not too bad, trouble is my documents are 150 miles away :(

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2005, 13:03 »
what they said :D if you do use your insurers which you should then report it before hand with the police to save time, this way they will repair it and recover damages form the 3rd party weather there insured or not and you dont have the hassle or argueing over weather there goner pay for the paint work and other things that you might now have relised just yet.

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2005, 13:06 »
waiting for the woman to get home from work then im gonna report as you guys know best.  Cheers.  Have a witness that saw it happen as well so its not too bad, trouble is my documents are 150 miles away :(

go with it then :D unrelated witness's help claims greatly especially seeing as they drove off :D wouldnt worry about documents you dont require any to report it to police or insurers, police shouldnt ask for them and even so you have 7 days to produce if they do.

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2005, 13:12 »
naaah they didnt drive off they just parked their car in front and didnt leave a note on the windscreen of mine or anything.  It was only after a little investigation work that i found out who did it and managed to track down where they live where they then said theyd done it etc.  So i should notify my insurance and what have you.  I won't lose no claims will i just a thought i know its a silly question :rolleyes:

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2005, 13:16 »
nah you wont loose no claims as you wasnt even in the car they would have to prove you where parked dangerously or in a way that caused them to hit you so id say not a chance in hell and they have accepted liability already by not reporting it and trying to pay for the damage without going through insurers just make sure you inform your insurance company of everything you basically just told us and they shouldnt even ask for you to pay the excess.

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2005, 15:08 »
just sent the misses round to tell them that its gonna cost 120 quid for a new genuine vag bumper and 70 quid for it to be sprayed
we will have to wait and see what the outcom eis