Author Topic: 8-12 week waittttt :(  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Jonny_D_1987

• GTI forum regular
8-12 week waittttt :(
« on: 26 February 2012, 10:50 »
Hey guys, well ive finally went ahead and traded my 1.4 S in for a brand new 2.0 TDI Match in candy white with the better wheels (17 inch salamanca) or something, sports suspension, fogs, tints, winter pack - thats all i can remember lol. I first wanted a GT but VW offer 1500 finance contribution on the match, plus a lower APR AND the match actually has more kit than the GT, parking sensors, RCD510, bluetooth, ipod connection n a few other wee things.

Just a few questions, the orders being sent on monday so any changes i want i need to make them ASAP and im thinking about dynaudio, is it worth £380? Whats this 140bhp engine like? It should be a BIG change for me going from 80bhp tho lol

I got a cracking deal too, worked it out at something like 16% discount so im a happy chappy :) now for the 8-12 week wait :(
« Last Edit: 26 February 2012, 10:53 by Jonny_D_1987 »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: 8-12 week waittttt :(
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2012, 11:05 »
Sounds like a cracking buy mate, nice bit of discount too....sorry cant advise on the dynoaudio, 8-12wks not that long to wait either or tho it will feel like ages :wink:
« Last Edit: 26 February 2012, 11:08 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2012, 12:08 »
VW finance is a ripoff mate.........
 May I suggest a company like Lombards? you'll find yourself saving nearly £100 a month with much lower APR's,

And Also it'll feel like a rocket compared with an 80hp car :)

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2012, 13:19 »
I used nationwide to finance but try money supermarket or one of the price comparison sites.  VW has a high APR!  140 will be fine....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2012, 13:27 »
The Match is a cracking car and the 140 engine is an excellent all rounder. With the wheels, suspension. fogs and tints, it'll won't look too much different from a GT.

A must have on a 2.0 TDI, is Skoda Yeti exhaust tips. They are around £25 and simply slip over the tail pipes. Not only do they look much better, but the standard pipes corrode and look scruffy in no time.

Before

After

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2012, 14:11 »
Dynaudio is a good option I have found, as the sound systems on VW's aren't great tbh.   The RCD510 and dynaudio is a cracking complement, it is what I had specced on my car before the RNS510 was retrofitted for me, this was only done for the sat nav.  The RNS510 isn't anywhere near as good as the RCD510.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Jonny_D_1987

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2012, 14:37 »
Cheers for your replies, i think im jus going to stick with VW as i got a cracking discount, 1500 finance contribution and a real good trade in price, really happy with the deal :) I think i will call tomorrow and spec on dynaudio, it sounds like £380 well spent.

dubber36, those tail pipes look 10 times better, can these be bought on ebay? Are they easy to fit? I think ill be getting these myself :) Also, whats the mpg like on these? The guy mentioned nearly 70mpg extra urban but VW do go a bit wild with these figures lol

Gonna be a long 2/3 months :)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2012, 17:07 »
vw finance is good

they have a very low rate on atm and they don't penalise for settling early

you get a weeks free insurance with vw insurance (who i went with in the end as its an excellent policy and only a few £ more than the cheapest i could find)

i also got 3yr fee servicing for taking vw finance
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 26 February 2012, 19:35 »

dubber36, those tail pipes look 10 times better, can these be bought on ebay? Are they easy to fit? I think ill be getting these myself :) Also, whats the mpg like on these? The guy mentioned nearly 70mpg extra urban but VW do go a bit wild with these figures lol

Get them from your Skoda dealer, or as I did, TPS. They couldn't be easier to fit. They just push on with the aid of a hammer and a block of wood.

As for fuel consumption, mine tends to average 58-59mpg over a tank doing mainly rural driving. I have seen over 65mpg on a long steady motorway journey, so fairly good I'd say.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline pottinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 26 February 2012, 20:02 »
Cheers for your replies, i think im jus going to stick with VW as i got a cracking discount, 1500 finance contribution and a real good trade in price, really happy with the deal :) I think i will call tomorrow and spec on dynaudio, it sounds like £380 well spent.

Gonna be a long 2/3 months :)

Dynaudio is very good IMO. Not heard without but start buying amps ,speakers , and fitting to get the same is gona be a damn site more then the £380  :wink:
2011 5dr GTI, carbon Grey, DSG, and looovin it !