• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Kindle
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2011, 08:00 »

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2011, 12:24 »
Must say I have used one of these Kindle thingamibobs and I just dont get it. You pay £100 or whatever for the unit itself which, admittedly, is nice to read on but is never going to match a real book and then you pay a hefty  premium over the price of a real book which you can keep forever (rather than lose it due to software corruption, hardware obsolescence, etc etc) or sell on to recoup some of the cost and doesnt need re-charging. Explain to me the logic as it just doesnt make any sense to me and the financial side of things make them ridiculous toys in my eyes?

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2011, 13:07 »
The fact you can take your whole 'book case' anywhere you go?

Most books should[\i] be cheaper aswell

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2011, 18:52 »
Thanks for all the help hmmm what to do.  :undecided:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2011, 19:24 »
Buy her one? If you want portable get the £90 version, if you don't mind it a bit bigger go for the pricier one.

Personally, I"d get the £89 version as most girls are obsessed by looks and not functionality.

Remember you don't have to order from Amazon, IIRC Carphone Warehouse had the £89 version also tesco do them

http://direct.tesco.com/content/specials/kindle.aspx you'll get clubcard points, and a 5p off a litre of fue voucher at the moment! You my also find a spend £xx and save £xx voucher online somewhere.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2011, 19:25 »
http://direct.tesco.com/content/specials/kindle.aspx you'll get clubcard points, and a 5p off a litre of fue voucher at the moment! You my also find a spend £xx and save £xx voucher online somewhere.

That has win written all over it :afro:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #16 on: 26 October 2011, 19:41 »
Buy her one? If you want portable get the £90 version, if you don't mind it a bit bigger go for the pricier one.

Personally, I"d get the £89 version as most girls are obsessed by looks and not functionality.

Remember you don't have to order from Amazon, IIRC Carphone Warehouse had the £89 version also tesco do them

:afro:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #17 on: 26 October 2011, 19:47 »
You won't be be disappointed  :smiley:

IMO the 3G version isn't worth the extra; there's plenty of wi-fi hotspots around the country so that if you want to download a new book you won't be stuck

Linzi is a complete book worm and she loves it.  If it can convince her then it can convince (almost) anyone that its a handy bit of kit  :nerd:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #18 on: 26 October 2011, 19:51 »
You won't be be disappointed  :smiley:

IMO the 3G version isn't worth the extra; there's plenty of wi-fi hotspots around the country so that if you want to download a new book you won't be stuck

Linzi is a complete book worm and she loves it.  If it can convince her then it can convince (almost) anyone that its a handy bit of kit  :nerd:

Cool i was thinking the same tbh.  :wink:
Found pc world has 10 Voucher offer 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/amazon_kindle-268-commercial.html?srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~Generic_HW_eReaders~Kindle_Exact~Generic&mctag=gg_goog_7904&gclid=CKDH_-WAh6wCFUoY4QodHyz99A

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 26 October 2011, 20:01 »
All good if it's a £10 voucher that doesn't require you spending a certain amount. I.e you'll only save £10 if you spend another £50 with them.