Author Topic: Rolling road result  (Read 6449 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Rolling road result
« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2009, 21:49 »

I must get round to changing the bulbs......

You'll be lucky  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 14 November 2009, 22:25 »
Popped over to TSR in Bridgwater for a forum rolling road day on Saturday.
Quite pleased with the results, Revo'd GTI, no other mods came out at 260bhp @ 5500rpm and torque at 299lb ft @ 3750 rpm running Sainsburys super unleaded rather than decent fuel.
Nice smooth graph too.
Can't post up the graph as my scanner is in the attic but I'll see if I can find some photos of the car on the rollers.

The rollers seemed quite accurate for power, for example a 2.9 VR6 came in at 180bhp (190 book) and a mk2 Golf GTI 8v came in at 105bhp (112 book), bearing in mind those cars were quite old I would say the figures were about right. Most of the other cars had modifications so can't really be assesed for accurate figures but were coming out around what was expected.

Hey Exonian, just wanted to ask, have you got a manual gearbox or a DSG?

Infact has anyone on here got a rempap with a dsg box and if so is it still smooth or is it jerky? Thinking of getting a remap myself but not sure if its wise with a DSG box.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 14 November 2009, 22:34 »
Similar, BBS VZ 033s wider, different colour and better offset than Pescaras.

I must get round to changing the bulbs......

Did you get them from pw-motorsport?  Any more pics?  Me likes...
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 14 November 2009, 23:17 »

Infact has anyone on here got a rempap with a dsg box and if so is it still smooth or is it jerky? Thinking of getting a remap myself but not sure if its wise with a DSG box.

I seem to remember Mr Frog coming over to get his remapped and I'm sure he has DSG.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #24 on: 15 November 2009, 10:04 »
Revo reckoned my car was like 225 standard which sounds a bit suspect if you ask me but everything seems to trust Revo.
Not everybody. :wink:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 15 November 2009, 10:11 »
Revo reckoned my car was like 225 standard which sounds a bit suspect if you ask me but everything seems to trust Revo.
Not everybody. :wink:

oh, I meant 'everyone' seems to trust them but agree snoops, 225 standard sounds a bit strong. Whatever the numbers, the remap makes it into a completely different car.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 15 November 2009, 10:24 »
Quick reply to a couple of questions, mines a manual. Would have bought a DSG quite happily too but got a good deal on the car I've got.

The BBSs were bought off a forum member on another forum. They were brand new and did 12 months service on my mk5. They still looked brand new when I shoved them on my mk6. I now have a set of Monza IIs I picked up fairly cheaply that I want to powdercoat black for winter use (when I get round to it eventually), as the BBSs are a bit of a pig to clean in winter. PW do the 033s for a very good price, especially for a set with tyres.
I've got a few pictures somewhere on other forums and some more camera phone ones that aren't very good, I'll dig 'em out.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #27 on: 15 November 2009, 10:41 »

I seem to remember Mr Frog coming over to get his remapped and I'm sure he has DSG.

Yep, Revo'd my DSG GTI in September. The gearbox can handle the extra power no problem and it's no more or less jerky than standard, i.e. silky smooth except when it hesitates between 2nd & 3rd on a roundabout approach, or around town :angry: Also be advised that Sport mode is almost redundant with a remap, I very rarely use it now.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #28 on: 15 November 2009, 10:43 »
''zero nine'' Golf GTI 5.5, with Revo enabled thrust  But not as much as Gossa & Frog!!!

Take it back for a refund, lol :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2009, 10:47 »
I'll run with the dyno lottery thing! Quite a few cars there ran under what was expected and there's been a few questions asked about the transmission loss figure from a very powerful Leon Cupra mk2 there.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner