Author Topic: Not too tacky: the GTI Oettinger  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Fred_du_94

• Not said much yet
Not too tacky: the GTI Oettinger
« on: 09 September 2009, 09:27 »
Hi,

The Oettinger is probably not a surprise to you, as the front picture of this modified GTI has been publised in numerous websites.
However, what was not disclosed is the back view. I could find it on the Oettinger website, in a .pdf doc.

So i had to copy the picture from that .pdf, resize it on paint and finally host the picture on the web.

Drum roll....I think it is just an amazing car and looks very good...except the exhaust which is a bit over the top

And the picture you probably have seen before

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Re: Not too tacky: the GTI Oettinger
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2009, 09:34 »
Thanks for all your hard work, though I have to say the car is not really to my taste.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2009, 09:41 »
it looks ok.

Wheels are a bit ott. Exhausts are slightly over done, and would prefer the square angled ones seen on the worthesse (sp?) as i also liked the rear lights from that edition.

So what exactly have they changed?? just the wheels and exhaust?? oh and the writting under the mirrors :huh:

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2009, 09:51 »
Mmmm, big shiney wheels...

I think four exhausts is overkill on anything less than an 8 cylinder engine. Twin oval tips as on the Scirocco R would be better suited.
Golf R

Offline Fred_du_94

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2009, 09:56 »
I know Frog it is not to your taste, I'll have to investigate if I have some Chav genes somehow... :grin:

Well, I have been living in Arklow, Ireland, for a while, maybe that explains a lot  :grin: :grin: :grin:

The motor has been prepared and develops 250PS and 0-100km in 6,2 sec vs 210/6,9, and speed 252km/h vs 240

Actually I want to buy a GTI but my brain is playing games with me...

Well the only thing I am sure is the colour, and it will be carbon grey.
Oh, I will also buy it from Spain, this is also a certainty.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2009, 10:59 »
Lol, a Frenchman living in Ireland buying a German car from Spain :laugh:

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2009, 11:36 »
Wheels are a bit ott

Aye, agreed!

I think four exhausts is overkill

Aye, agreed!

Excellent effort though and perhaps different wheels would set it off?  :smiley:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2009, 14:40 »
I think it looks stunning, the twin twin pipes, and alloys on it are gorgeous. Dont like the daft stickers on the doors and bonnet and no Xenons  :shocked:. Would like to see some interior shots to see what they have done on the inside.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2009, 14:49 »
ETTO!  :wink:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2009, 15:12 »

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"