Author Topic: 1 Litre oil top up every 2 months sound right?  (Read 10064 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: 1 Litre oil top up every 2 months sound right?
« Reply #50 on: 12 March 2009, 10:26 »
the oil warning light just appeared at 8890 miles. topped it up with the 1 liter 5w40 that came with the car. Service warning has appeared. I need to get it serviced in the next 500 miles or 120 days. Oh well.

Jeeeezz, Bobo.  Don't you regularly use your dipstick?  :shocked:  It really aint good to rely on the oil warning lamp.  :wink:

I am not very mechanically minded that's why I joined this forum to great advice. Will keep an eye on it in the future. Cheers.

OK Bobo.  Just try and get into the habit of checking your oil and other fluids every weekend (or fortnighly at the latest), and every month, dig out your tyre pressure guage and check all four tyre pressures.  Once every three months, pull out the space saver from the boot, and check that too.  :wink:  :smiley:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 12 March 2009, 10:29 »
Hope you're feeling better T_T.

I vaguely remember you were ill a few weeks ago.

I am always 'ill' - but it is just how my symptoms affect me on day-to-day, week-to-week basis.  :embarassed:  I can go through some really sh!tty periods, and that makes me even more grumpy than usual.  :sick:

But thanks for your concern anyway - much appreciated. :afro:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline brian g

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 12 March 2009, 11:03 »
TT, I noticed you waited 10 days to reply to my last comment about the lean burn mode and American tuners

basicly they don't include lean burn mode in EU developed files because you said so and you explaining about sulpher contents makes it a certainty

I'm quite old enough and experienced enough to make my own mind up about what tuner to choose but please don't give inacurate advice to people contemplating a remap etc

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 12 March 2009, 11:12 »
TT, I noticed you waited 10 days to reply to my last comment about the lean burn mode and American tuners

Fcuk off.  Who the fcuk do you think you are - some kind of forum nazi!  :angry:

I'll answer posts in my OWN time at my own convenience - not when you fcuking say I should answer!  :angry:  Arrogant cnut!

basicly they don't include lean burn mode in EU developed files because you said so and you explaining about sulpher contents makes it a certainty

I'm quite old enough and experienced enough to make my own mind up about what tuner to choose but please don't give inacurate advice to people contemplating a remap etc

FOAD - I am NOT giving out inaccurate advice.  North American engines, including their ECU software - do NOT have lean burn enabled.  Or do you have independently verified expert proof that they do?  Nope, so fcuk off - twit!
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline brian g

• Not said much yet
« Reply #54 on: 12 March 2009, 11:58 »
suppose i could have put a smiley at the end of my comment about the 10 days and it would have been taken in the context I meant it

but seeing as you just are plain rude I don't see the point in continuing our disagreement and for what it's worth i couldn't care less if I never posted again on here, don't think it would be the same for you as you seem to need your ego massaged regularly and this will explain your high post count :laugh: :evil: :sad:

lastly I don't agree with your oppinion/theory on fog lamp open grilles :drool: :evil: :laugh:

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 12 March 2009, 12:10 »
I guess theres an element of 'agree to disagree' here?
Although T_T is a knowledgable, and a valued asset, to this forum, it would be a shame to lose another member over a disagreement.
;)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 12 March 2009, 12:15 »
suppose i could have put a smiley at the end of my comment about the 10 days and it would have been taken in the context I meant it

Well the forum smilies are there for a purpose  :wink: - and I aint a mind reader, so if you did genuinely mean it to be taken in a different context, then I apologise.

but seeing as you just are plain rude I don't see the point in continuing our disagreement and for what it's worth i couldn't care less if I never posted again on here, don't think it would be the same for you as you seem to need your ego massaged regularly and this will explain your high post count :laugh: :evil: :sad:

I am generally only rude to two types - people who are rude to me (and I think without the lack of smilies in your previous post, I think it was only fair that I considered your comment to be 'inflammatory' at best), and blatant spammers.  But those who genuinely know me will know that I often go out of my way to help others.  :smiley:

And I certainly don't have any 'ego' issues.  Or by using your 'post count' theory, would you also then state that the likes of Hurdy, RedRobin, Rhyso, etc have a worse ego problem than me?  :huh:

lastly I don't agree with your oppinion/theory on fog lamp open grilles :drool: :evil: :laugh:

I personally don't 'care' weather others agree with me or not.  But my argument was well reasoned - and those arguments seem to be supported by Volkswagen Germany - you know, that massive company who actually make the cars.  Ventilated fog lamp grilles were only available on pre-production  and very early models - and were then subsequently replaced by fully closed grilles.  But you probably know better than the third largest carmaker in the world!

Oh, and for the record, I too am old enough - and have been involved in the motor trade more years than I care to mention.  And I don't get any mis-information from 'consumer magazines' like Evo, What Car, or even Volkswagen Driver.  I actually read serious 'heavyweight' journals like MTZ, written by highly emminent and very highly qualified professional engineers - but again, I suppose you would reckon that the likes of Steve Croppley, Stiff Nedell, or even JC know better!

HAND.  :smiley:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #57 on: 12 March 2009, 12:19 »
There was a man on the bus today pleasuring himself with rolled up Beano comic, He said he was just doing his bit for Comic Relief.

There that should lighten the mood up :D

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 12 March 2009, 12:27 »
I guess theres an element of 'agree to disagree' here?

With regard to the lean burn mode - then there is absolutely nothing to disagree with.  It is a known and widely published fact that North American engines do not have lean burn mode enabled - and is published in some highly eminent engineering publications.  And it isn't as though the Yankie engines just have the lean burn mode 'turned off' - they actually have competely different software, with the lean burn aspects completely removed.  And it is this reason why there is a crucial difference between a North American ECU map and an EU one - and why you shouldn't be using a US originated software on a EU marketed engine.  :nerd:

But if someone wants to 'believe' the contrary, then that is up to them.  :wink:

Although T_T is a knowledgable, and a valued asset, to this forum, it would be a shame to lose another member over a disagreement.
;)

I'm not asking anyone to leave the forum.  But I do take offence when somebody tries to me that I don't comply to their own personal timescale.  My time is my own, and whilst I gladly give some of my time helping others on this forum - I will NOT be working to anyone elses expectations.  If I owned this site, or was an Admin or Mod, then maybe that would be slightly different - but either way, I am certainly not 'answerable' to any old member of the forum.  :smiley:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 12 March 2009, 12:28 »
There was a man on the bus today pleasuring himself with rolled up Beano comic, He said he was just doing his bit for Comic Relief.

There that should lighten the mood up :D

Didn't know you got the bus Alan?  :lipsrsealed:  :grin:  :grin:
-----

I feel like a homo